About Dr. Charlier
Dr. Cindy Charlier graduated from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in 1984. She spent the first 19 years of her practice career in a small animal general practice. Her special interest in surgery led to her interest in veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. She completed an alternate pathway dental residency program and credentialing process for the American Veterinary Dental College (AVDC) in 2001. In 2002 she passed the American Veterinary Dental College Board Certification Examination and passed the examination for the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry (AVD).
In October 2003, Dr. Charlier created Fox Valley Veterinary Dentistry and Surgery, providing specialty dentistry and oral surgery services to the Chicago and Northern Illinois pet population.
Dr. Charlier has spoken about veterinary dentistry to veterinarians and technicians throughout the country. In 2004, she created VDENT Seminars (Veterinary Dental Education, Networking and Training) to educate the entire veterinary healthcare team about oral health and its impact on all of our patients. Dr. Charlier enjoys the opportunity to share her knowledge about veterinary dentistry with others. It is her goal to change the way the veterinary healthcare team views oral health!
Dr. Charlier brings with her a high level of commitment and enthusiasm for the profession. She believes in the creation of effective teams through honest open communication, and mutual respect. Personal and professional growth are integral to her vision.
- Academy of Veterinary Dentistry, Fellow of the Year Award – 2006
- American Veterinary Dental College, Dr. Peter Emily Outstanding Candidate Award – 2003
- NAVC Speaker of the Year, Small Animal – 2017
Selected Conference Speaking Credits:
- AAFP – 2013
- AVMA – Lecturer – 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018
- CVC East and West – Lecturer – 2015
- Ohio VMA – Lecturer – 2016
- Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine – Lecturer – 2014, 2016
- NAVC Institute – Course Director 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- NAVC – Lecturer, Laboratory Instructor – 2013 – 2019
- Midmark Animal Health Best Practices and Advanced Clinical Training Workshops – nationwide – 2013 – 2019
- Henry Schein Animal Health – Lecturer, Laboratory Instructor – 2013-2018
- Quebec VMA – Lecturer – 2016, 2019
- Novotech Veterinary Training, Madrid, Spain – 2019
- RSAVA-FECAVA Eurocongress, St. Petersburg, Russia – 2019